In this post we can explore how to create an Angular App and Protect it with Azure Authentication Easy Auth without writing any line of code Nor making any configuration changes.
Create Angular App
- Install Node.js from https://nodejs.org/en/download/
- Open Command Prompt
- Run command npm install -g @angular/cli
- Create Project ng new AngularAAD
- Go inside folder & Run command ng serve
- Open the website http://localhost:4200
Publish to Azure
- Open Azure Portal
- Create new App Service
- Publish the Source
- Ensure Application accessible through URL
For Detailed Steps use this LINK
Azure AD – Easy Auth Protection
Go to App Service > Authentication Tab
Choose the following options.
Choose the Express settings.
Now your Angular Application is protected with Azure AD Authentication.
Go to the App Service > URL > Click to launch it
You will be prompted for Authentication.
This confirms Angular App protection with Azure Easy Auth.
For advanced Configurations like Adding Users, Controlling Rules etc. you should use Azure AD Enterprise Applications page.